Will paying off a collection account remove it from my Credit Report?
- No, a paid collection will remain on your credit report for seven years from the original date of inception.
If I have a collection, should I pay off the collection agency or the original creditor?
- Always pay the collection agency that is collecting for the original creditor.
How can I get accounts removed from my credit report that were awarded to my ex-spouse in the divorce decree?
- A divorce decree does not supersede an original contract with a creditor. You must contact each creditor individually and seek the legal binding release of your obligation.
I have no credit (or only negative credit) and I cannot get a finance company to approve me- how can I start to establish credit?
- Apply for a secured credit card
How can I get inquires removed from my credit report that I did not authorize?
- You will need to contact the bureaus directly to dispute these items.
Why do Experian, Equifax and Trans Union sometimes have different information?
- Creditors voluntarily provide information to the credit bureaus and are not required to report to all three. Some companies do not report to the bureaus at all. The creditors all report information on a national basis but not always to all of the bureaus.